Lu Sim from the Philippines made a couple of really excellent 9 brick mechs and he also posted pictures of the inner frame structures that they use. You can use his frames as a good starting off point to make your mech.
We had 31 people attend our September 19th, 2015 Meeting. Our main event for the meeting was the Batman vs Superman contest with 2 catagories (vehicles and buildings). We also had a few of the Winter Village models brought in for this year’s Winter Village that we’ll have at several of our display. Here are the pictures of the non-contest things:
We had 24 people attend our July 19th, 2014 meeting. We held a “Space” contest which had 10 entries. Here are some pictures of the contest entries as well as some suggestions for our castle theme armies.
We had 24 people attend our January 18th meeting (1 new person). The main event for the meeting was our Sculpture Contest (with 1st, 2nd & 3rd place prizes) as well as a discussion about a full layout we are planning in conjunction with the Lego Movie release in Febuary.
Here’s some pictures of what people brought in:
Here are the sculpture contest winners and entries:
Rules for the March 2013 CactusBrick contest – Lego Arizona theme
1) Must be a new MOC (one that has not been shown before)
2) Must be something that screams ARIZONA (or at least well know)
3) It can be a building (any scale), a map (ok, that’s been done), a diorama, or
anything that Arizona is well know for. (please only politically correct items)
4) The MOC must be present at the Tempe History Museum show (Mar 16 & 17, 2013)
5) There is no limit on how many MOCs each person can submit
6) The submitter of the MOCs need not be present
1) There will be 2 different votes with half of the prize going to each.
2) There will be a vote by Cactusbrick enthusiasts (all of us)
3) There will be a second vote by the public.
4) Each eligible voter has 1 vote
5) Cactusbrick enthusiasts (us) can not vote in the public vote.
6) The Cactusbrick vote will happen on Saturday afternoon and the winner will be
marked as “Club Favorite” unless someone else comes up with a better term.
7) The public vote will be collected all Saturday and early Sunday with the
final count happening at 3PM Sunday.
1) The cash prize for each of the 1st place winners will be at least $15.
2) The same MOC is eligible to win in both votes.
3) In the event of a tie, the money is split between the winners
4) Existing MOCs that have been shown are not eligible
We had 19 people at our February 16th, 2013 meeting.
We discussed the upcoming Tempe History Museum show which is now on March 16th (Sat 10AM – 6PM) & March 17th (Sun 1PM – 5PM). This is the same weekend as our meeting so our next month’s meeting will be at the Tempe History Museum.
We agreed to also do a display at Scottsdale’s “Little Red Schoolhouse” for September (and probably beyond). This is in Scottsdale’s old town area.
We also were planning out the comicon layout. Nate will send out layout ideas later.
And, we had the minifig scale (modified CC standard) contest. (see below)
OK guys. It’s time for everyone to throw down and show us what you’ve got! The objective of this challenge is to create a small model that would be relevant to the Phoenix Comicon event in May. The build should be like something you would see at the LEGO Store when they do their monthly mini-builds.
Try to keep your models small and inexpensive, make sure they don’t cost more than $1.00 to build. Try to keep your model as far under that $1.00 cap as possible without sacrificing too much quality, less can mean more (just ask Larry). This means no rare, uncommon, hard to find or out of print elements. Since prices do fluctuate on BL, just have a good estimate. When you are pricing out the parts, look for stores where you can buy as many parts as possible …or better yet, build off the PaB wall! Bring your finished mini-builds to the meeting on Feb 19.
Yeah, you probably saw this on TBB already, but I am compelled to spread the word here too! FBTB is hosting a pretty cool contest for you Star Wars builders out there (Kevin). Build a custom bounty hunter with his/her ship and you could win some nice prizes. Good luck and have fun building!